Real Madrid have been criticised for allowing Dani Ceballos to leave on loan after his superb performances for Arsenal and Spain.
The midfielder joined the Gunners on a season-long loan earlier this year and he has been getting rave reviews.
He has two assists already in just four Premier League appearances.
This fine form has translated to his games for Spain as he performed well in their 2-1 victory over Romania in their Euro 2020 qualifier last week.
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo has criticised Real Madrid for their decision to allow Ceballos to leave on loan – branding it a ‘flagrant error’.
Zinedine Zidane made clear that the 23-year-old was not part of his plans for this season despite an impressive European Under-21 Championship campaign.
Ceballos had the option of leaving Madrid on a permanent transfer or a loan with an option to buy.
The midfielder urged the LaLiga giants not to sell him because he still believes he can be a success there.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- England vs Kosovo (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Derby vs Cardiff (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Liverpool vs Newcastle (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Fulham vs West Brom (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Tottenham vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Man City (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wednesday (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Barnsley vs Leeds (Sunday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
Marca also reported that he did not want a permanent transfer because of a dispute with his representatives, and he did not want them to benefit from a big-money move.
As a result, his loan to Arsenal did not include an option to buy and if they want to keep him they must negotiate with the Spanish club next summer.