Bury owner Steve Dale has said he is planning to sell the in-trouble League One club.
The Shakers have been told by the EFL that they face Football League expulsion if they do not meet all outstanding requirements of the league’s insolvency policy.
Earlier on Monday, staff at Bury urged Dale to accept an offer for the club amid the EFL’s latest threat with another postponement.
And it looks like these wishes will be granted by Dale.
He told SunSport: “I’ve decided it’s my intention to sell Bury FC due to the continued battle with the EFL and recent events which have affected my health.
“I’m a sensible man. I want the club to survive.
“I’ve been told there is a buyer but no one has approached me yet.
“But I am happy to sell. We’ve arranged a CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement) where non-football creditors get 25p in the pound. If they continue with that, they’re up and running.
“I was footing the bill for that. Now the new buyer must do that.
“I just want someone to acknowledge the eight months heartache and work that has gone into this, I will walk away.
“I want the club to survive and I think I have done a good job from where we were to now.
“It may not have met with everyone’s approval but the survival of Bury FC is of the utmost importance.”
This comes after the EFL warned if Dale does not provide evidence the club can meet commitments to creditors by 9am on Tuesday then Saturday’s game against Gillingham will be postponed.
A Bury statement on Monday read: “We can confirm that today we have received an offer for the sale of Bury Football Club, one that we all at the club believe is a very good offer.
“This offer has been conveyed to Steve Dale and we are still waiting to hear from him.
“This offer is the only lifeline for the future of the club and we implore Steve Dale to accept it, as it has the full backing of all of the senior staff at Bury FC.”
The club, who have been deduced 12 points for entering into a CVA had been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership by the EFL and their first three games of the campaign have already been postponed.
The Shakers have until August 23 to meet all outstanding requirements of the league’s insolvency policy or their membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.