Wilfried Zaha was reportedly called to a meeting organised by Mamadou Sakho in a bid to make sure the player remains committed to Crystal Palace.
The 26-year-old submitted a transfer request on deadline day to force through a move and was a target for both Arsenal and Everton.
However, Palace managed to retain the services of the Ivory Coast international, at least until January.
After Palace rejected big-money offers for their star man, Zaha was allegedly sent home from training 48 hours before the match with Everton, as Roy Hodgson stated the player was not in the ‘right frame of mind’ to train.
However, he did come on for the final 25 minutes on the opening weekend to a warm reception.
According to The Sun, Sakho ordered Zaha to a players’ meeting on Friday to demand 100 per cent commitment until the transfer window reopens in January.
And it reportedly led to Zaha agreeing to put his differences with Palace’s hierarchy to one side.
Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.
LIVE on talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here’s what’s coming up this week…
- Salford City vs Leeds United (Tuesday, 7.45pm) – talkSPORT
- Liverpool vs Chelsea (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Huddersfield Town vs Fulham (Friday, 7.45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Arsenal vs Burnley (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT
- Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 12.30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich City vs Newcastle United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur (Saturday, 5.30pm) – talkSPORT
- Reading vs Cardiff City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2