playquik
News

WWE’s next major pay-per-view with fans could be SummerSlam in August due to coronavirus pandemic


The next WWE pay-per-view with fans in attendance could be SummerSlam in August.

WWE is currently holding WrestleMania 36 across two nights at their Performance Centre in Orlando, Florida behind closed doors due to the coronavirus pandemic.

WWE

The WWE Performance Center is currently hosting WrestleMania 36

Vince McMahon had originally planned for the 65,000 capacity Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay to host this year’s Show of Shows.

However, with Tampa Bay government officials banning live sporting events, it forced WWE to change location.

And with the US in lockdown, WWE’s next pay-per-view Money in the Bank, which is scheduled to take place in Baltimore on May 10, is likely to be affected.

ESPN claim US president Donald Trump is hoping to have sports fans back in arenas by August and September.

Donald Trump is not taking any chances with the coronavirus pandemic in the US

AFP or licensors

Donald Trump is not taking any chances with the coronavirus pandemic in the US

Trump is alleged to have made the comment during a conference call with major league sports commissioners, including WWE, on Saturday.

In a briefing at the White House later, Trump, who did not reveal a potential comeback date for live sports, said: “I want fans back in the arenas.

”I think it’s whenever we’re ready. As soon as we can, obviously, and the fans want to be back, too.

“They want to see basketball and baseball and football and hockey. They want to see their sports.

“They want to go out on to the golf courses and breathe nice, clean, beautiful fresh air.”

WrestleMania 36 is taking place behind closed doors

WWE

WrestleMania 36 is taking place behind closed doors

It means WWE fans’ next chance to attend a live pay-per-view could be SummerSlam, which usually takes place in August.

The famous Raw after WrestleMania show is happening on Monday, but the long-term future of WWE programming remains unclear.

Last week, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued a 30-day stay-at-home order, with people only allowed to leave to complete essential services or activity.

And respected Twitter account WrestleVotes claimed WWE ‘would reconsider taking a break post Mania’ if DeSantis imposed a strict travel ban.

 


Seth Rollins, who lost to Kevin Owens in night one of WrestleMania 36, admitted he is unsure over the immediate future of WWE television.

He told Sports Illustrated: “I wish I had more answers.

”I wish I knew what was the right thing to do. After WrestleMania, we’re going to recollect and see where we’re going to go from here.”



Source link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We are the biggest all round sports news website, serving our readers with the best sports news global

For inquiries please email info@sportworld360.com

Copyright © 2015 Sport World 360. All Rights Reserved.

To Top